Laid Bare




Exactly eight years ago 
The Naked Room 
was conceived; a magical co-creation between professional soulmates, creative minds, and unapologetic naked dreamers and this is our story...






...In the middle of an ordinary morning, there I was getting rid of my dining table to give room to a massage table that I actually didn`t have but trusted it would materialize it somehow. FYI It did!

An overconfident, unexperienced thirty-something, ITEC massage therapist trainee ambitiously ‘hooking up’ with the most competent musculoskeletal professional and teacher that I have ever met, but didn`t know it yet. 

As soon as the pleasantries of a first meeting were over I plundered my hands into his body eager to practice and learn; kneading, squeezing, petrissaging and doing whatever else I felt made me look competent at the time. This amazing mythical being just laid there taking the punishment and doing as he was told. 

While my mind focused on remembering the routine I needed to practice my hands awkwardly maneuvered the towels that were wrapping him up like an embalmed mummy at the same time trying to tame the slippery bottle of massage oil, endure a room that was too cold a noisy boiler and somehow manage to impart confidence and professionalism. So much for an oasis of tranquility...

At one point when I was genuinely beginning to get into a  flow, I noticed his penis poking sideways and that was totally inappropriate for my practice, had this been the exam I'd have flunked big time. I had no doubt, picked 'it' up and tucked under the towel; without sparing a thought to my actions I carried on with my practice until time was up. Neither of us said a word about this. 

To this day I cannot explain (or maybe I could but that’s none of your business) why he would return time and time again and become my training partner, teacher, mentor, inspiration, and friend.  

From that first meeting onwards my dining room became known to us as The Naked Room and that’s where it all began - Over the years I got many things right, screwed up many others, became really competent and learned how to make love with my hands. As my therapeutic scope evolved and expanded so did The Naked Room.  

I have always dreamed about this perfect empty place where people from all walks of life and backgrounds could come and be free to express themselves, connecting through touch. Little did I know that I was becoming The Naked Room.

The Naked Room is an energetic representation of my passions, life experiences; professional growth and commitment; dreams and desires; pleasures and sorrows; everything and nothing; a steep learning curve; a place in my heart suspended in time.

This has been the longest gestational period I’ve ever had, probably the hardest and the most profound, as you can imagine it was not easy to open the doors of my ‘dining room’ to become laid bare and share The Naked Room with the world. 

I always tell anyone that is curious about my professional choices and work  
“This is not what I do, this is who I am” 

Come inside... Discover a world of possibilities for you in your life.


With Pleasure

Kaly M

Comments

Popular Posts